- Predictable abstractions
- 100% coverage of the Discord API
Node.js 16.11.0 or newer is required.
- zlib-sync for WebSocket data compression and inflation (
npm install zlib-sync)
- bufferutil for a much faster WebSocket connection (
npm install bufferutil)
- utf-8-validate in combination with
bufferutilfor much faster WebSocket processing (
npm install utf-8-validate)
- @discordjs/voice for interacting with the Discord Voice API (
npm install @discordjs/voice)
Register a slash command against the Discord API:
Afterwards we can create a quite simple example bot:
- Website (source)
- Guide (source) Also see the v13 to v14 Update Guide, which includes updated and removed items from the library.
- discord.js Discord server
- Discord API Discord server
- Related libraries
If you don't understand something in the documentation, you are experiencing problems, or you just need a gentle nudge in the right direction, please don't hesitate to join our official discord.js Server.